Thursday 15 August 2013

Mystery Solved!!

Behold!  My Mystery Quilt by Julie Coney is finished.  It's only taken me 2 years... (quirkyjules@gmail.comif you're interested in buying the pattern for your group)

Everyone else in the quilting group managed to finish theirs in order to show it in the summer show last year, but I got to the sandwiching stage and there it stuck.  I have now finished quilting it with lovely swirly vines, and after rejecting a couple of fabrics for the bindind, finally decided on a good old plain Kona cotton from Robert Kaufmann.  It looks fabulous, I don't know why it took me so blooming long to do it!  It'll now be my own personal tv snuggly quilt, rather than the one on the sofa to save it from the dog (which has huge holes in it, bit enough for the dog to walk through after he ripped it up playing with a stone).

I should really put a full sized picture up, but so far I've only managed to take one of it drying after its first wash...


But here are some photos I took during the quilting process as well...






No comments:

Post a Comment