Thursday 23 August 2012

This being my first blog, but not my first attempt at diary writing, I rather doubt it'll get off the ground, but it's always worth trying.

I'm a quilter, a gamer and a dog owner.  That is probably what you will see most of in this blog.  Photos, ideas, maybe even a few questions to answer if I ever get anyone reading this.

While I'm still getting used to how to do this, expect it to be infrequent and not very professional.  I think it depends on getting the hang of it as to whether I'll continue.

Wish me luck!

This is my first ever patchwork, done at school for my GCSE Textiles.  My skills have come along way since then, but my tastes have gone around in circles and back again.  I'm pretty proud of this really.

Now this and the next aren't really anything to do with making quilts, but they do show some of the skills I have acquired.  I love free machine embroidery and have done since school.  These were done a few years ago and were great fun to do.
This is free machine embroidery, but on a very unusual surface - felted sheeps' fleece (I think it is Romney wool), felted onto an elastic backing that shrunk to make these 'bubbles'.
These 2 quilts I made for a friend and her new baby (called Ivan, strangely enough). I haven't started trying out free machine quilting on these, just plain in-the-ditch stuff. 



Now this is a fantastic piece of fabric I picked up while looking for a backing for my 'first ever quilt' which took me over a year and a half to make and finish off.  I'll get a photo of the front up next time, but the back is almost better than the front!!!

That's enough for now.  Let's see what this looks like then shall we?

No comments:

Post a Comment